Staging your house to sell has the potential to attract a wide variety of buyers. By staging your for-sale home, it gives buyers the vision of seeing themselves living there, allowing you to possibly sell your house even faster.
Staging a home is the process of creating a fresh, clean, and new look to your home to give it appeal to a potential buyer. This could include refreshing your own belongings, giving your home a few make-over additions, or renting new furniture and decor for the time of selling.
The Becky O’Neill Power Selling Team has great tips on how to successfully stage your home before putting it on the market.
- Why stage your home? Studies have shown that staging your house for sale can reduce the days that it spends on the market because potential buyers can visualize the home as their own.
- Go for a bright look. The proper lighting is essential for any on-the-market showing. Open the blinds or curtains to let in natural light. Clean or replace old lampshades and lighting fixtures to allow more light to shine throughout the house.
- Stage the important rooms first. At times, renting furniture or updating the furniture and decor you already have can cost money you did not expect to pay. Looking into staging just the most important rooms in your house can help to cut back on these extra expenses. The living room may be the most important room to stage first. Followed by the master bedroom, then the kitchen.
- Arrange the furniture for the best eye-catching appeal. Once you have chosen the furniture you will use to stage your house, position your chairs, couches, and tables around the room to draw the eye to the space. Center your space with an area rug that creates an intimate and cozy visual gathering space.
- Invest in your curb appeal. The outside of a house is the first thing that potential buyers see when touring. Be sure that your home has the right curb appeal to draw in your buyers. Mow the lawn, update your flower beds, and trim overgrown greenery to give the landscape a fresh look. Give your porch an update with outdoor furniture, clean windows, and a welcome mat inviting visitors to what could possibly be their new home.
A subtle new make-over of your for-sale home with the art of staging can help to seal the deal between you and your buyer. When you’re ready to show your home, let the Becky O’Neill Power Selling Team help you get started! Contact any member of our team today.