February 14th. A day on the calendar that comes once a year, just like Christmas, birthdays, and the 4th of July. And just like all the other holidays, it seems to sneak up on us in a hurry.
This year, spend the day of hearts and flowers doing something a little different. While dinner out and fancy cards can be appreciated, isn’t it really “the thought that counts”?
- Instead of going to dinner, splurge on dessert and drinks instead. Russell’s Cafe and Bakery and Smallcakes are great places to visit.
- Reserve a spot at a wine and painting class. Each session focuses on a different subject to paint so there’s sure to be a favorite for you or your loved one.
- Visit the St. Louis Aquarium, Ferris Wheel, and enjoy a bite at The Soda Fountain.
- Stay home for a movie night complete with pizza, popcorn, and all your favorite snacks. Put together a movie night gift set with all the goodies.
- Recreate one of your favorite dates from the past. Relive the concert with music videos from YouTube, watch that movie again, or visit that hotspot that helped you connect all those years ago.
- Take turns showing each other your favorite spots in your city.
- Have kids? Create fun Valentine’s Day crafts and cookies to share.
No matter how you spend this Valentine’s Day, spend it reliving past experiences, sharing things that you love, and creating new memories. The Becky O’Neill Power Selling Team would love to hear what your favorite Valentine’s Day traditions are. Comment below and share with us!