The Becky O’Neill Power Selling Team would like to take a moment to thank all of the past, present, and future military members and their families for their sacrifice and dedication to a higher cause.
This weekend marks a great opportunity for communities to come together in remembrance, celebration, and support to honor those who serve and have served in the United States military.
Saturday, November 9th
Soldier’s Memorial Military Museum located at 1315 Chestnut St. in downtown St. Louis will host a series of events this November weekend in celebration.
- The St. Patrick Center 4th Annual Veterans Day 5K Run/Walk at 9 a.m. that includes a timed 5K, one mile fun run, kids dash, as well as other activities for participants and spectators.
This family friendly event honors our Veterans and provides information about Veteran homelessness in the surrounding areas.
- St. Louis Veterans Day Observance at 10:30 a.m.
Join the City of St. Louis, along with the Soldier’s Memorial Military Museum, in commemoration of the 100th Veterans Day with keynote speaker Marine Corps Sgt. Rodney “Rocky” Sickmann honoring local military service members, veterans and their families. Sgt. Sickmann was one of the hostages held for 444 days in Iran at the former U.S. Embassy.
- 36th Annual Veterans Day Parade at 12:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 10th
- The City of Florissant will be holding their annual Veterans Day Parade starting at 1:00 p.m. The route will start at Bangert Park and end at the VFW on St. Francois to honor the 2019 Veteran of the Year, Lewis G. Bouwman.
- Marine Corps Sgt. Rodney “Rocky” Sickmann will speak at The Heights, Richmond Heights Community Center from 3:00 – 3:30 p.m.
Monday, November 11th
- Located at the Veterans Memorial next to City Hall in St. Peters, the community will join together to celebrate the brave men and women of the Armed Forces. Activities from 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- The Gateway Arch and the Old Courthouse are offering free admission to their attractions in honor of the United States service members. While admission is free, tickets for the “Journey to the Top” are still required. You can find out more details and information here.
- The St. Charles County Government, The St. Charles County Veterans Committee, and the St. Charles City Veterans Commission will be hosting a ceremony to honor those military personnel with a special ceremony that opens the Veteran Memorial Garden at the St. Charles County Veterans Tribute Park from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Speakers include County Executive Steve Ehlmann; Lt. Col. Samuel W. Kline, Fort Leonard Wood.
- After community celebrations, military families can enjoy a FREE 60 minute jump at Sky Zone in Fenton with a military ID.
- H.E.R.O.E.S Care, located in Fenton, Missouri is an organization providing support for members of all military branches, is teaming up with Planet Sub at their new Lemay Ferry location to offer 20% of all sales to military members and their families, 30% to those that arrive in uniform. By purchasing from Planet Sub on Veterans Day, the proceeds will go directly back to H.E.R.O.E.S Cares to further their work in aiding those military families in need.
While these are just a few events and activities that are offered this weekend in recognition of Veterans Day, there are many more local events happening in your area.
Check your local community websites and social media accounts for updates and details.