Spring is historically when we see an upswing in the housing market but Corona is writing a new chapter in the history books. While considered an essential business, Covid-19 has forced Realtors to rethink some of our ways of doing business while keeping people moving! The Coronavirus may also have you wondering if the time is right for you to buy or sell. MLS reports from March and into April are showing the Mid-West is on track to post higher sales than 2019 even during the pandemic! That is not the case nationally as not all states have the same state regulations for how or if business can be conducted.
We still have people who are afraid of going into a stranger’s home to tour or having strangers coming through if they go on the market. We are here to tell you that our team is taking extra precautions that will allow you to move, not in fear.
Our team’s personal changes when listing a home:
- Book a virtual listing consultation meeting. I am asking for the seller to send me a video ahead of time of each room of their home along with the outside, front, and backyard. Then on our virtual appointment, I will ask for a walking tour of your home.
- We will chat & get to know one another so I can address your concerns & desires.
- We will go over different options when listing. Whether you want people in your home to see it & if so I will ensure the showings don’t overlap OR if you don’t feel comfortable with people viewing it in person, we will talk about my additional room by room virtual tour.
- We will go over the basic comparables I send to you & my seller packet I email ahead of time.
- I will help give you all of my suggestions to get your home in show-ready condition whether because you want or need to move now OR to be ready to pull the trigger when the COVID pandemic slows down.
- We List & Find you a Buyer!
Our team’s personal changes when showing a home:
- See if the home allows showings. If it does, I will bring gloves for everyone & ask you to bring a t-shirt mask to cover your mouth & nose. We will keep our distance & I will ensure no other agent will be there showing.
- If the home is not allowing showings or the Buyer isn’t comfortable going inside, I will see if there is a virtual tour available to watch OR I will go preview the home & FaceTime, my client, while I am there. I suggest the Buyer go drive by & walk the outside if they like it.
- If the Buyer loves it & wants to write an offer, everything can be done electronically.
Call today to learn how we are still listing and selling homes in a safe way for all. Our expert team has been around since 2001 and seen various markets. Together we will get through this challenging time too!